Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Rough couple of weeks

I haven't been on much recently, since there has been a lot of changes at TuneCo. A couple weeks ago there were a bunch of layoffs, about 20% of my co-workers are gone. The rest of us are kind of wandering around wondering if there are more to come, and I'd say that at least 90% of them are actively looking to jump ship. It doesn't help when you have VP level management who has been quoted as saying to most of them, on more than one occasion, "You are replacable".

Luckily, my group has never heard words like that, I had a great boss. It's just too bad that he felt the need to leave the company about a month ago. I keep hoping that he will call me up one of these days from his new company and steal me away to work for him again.

No comments: